A look inside the world of No Failsafe Productions ... our current films and projects and what's coming in the future.



It's always something ...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So ... we wrapped filming on the new movie ("Holidays Like These" in case you weren't keeping up) back in January. I spent most of February figuring out what I was going to do about editing it. Was I going to do it? Was I going to go back and get the editor of every movie I have done to date (the awesomeley talented Dave) or was I going to go another route altogether?

Well, after a lot of talking with the guy who's pretty much my partner in all these films, Dustin, I decided to get Seth, the gentleman who was our director of photography on this film to edit it. Seth has some experience in editing and he was there for the entire shoot and he has a really good idea what I am looking for AND that means I don't have to do it either. For the first time ever, I got to pick all the shots I wanted as I actually compiled the footage for Seth in prepping him for editing. It's pretty awesome and there are actually a few scenes he's going to have me there when he edits them because they are pretty complicated. Right now we're just in a holding pattern as we have been having some computer problems and Seth, who is still in college, has a paper due this week. Ah ... the joy and frustration of independent filmmaking.

On a side note ... one of the actors in the new film, Josh, was until this week a coworker of mine. I hate to see Josh go as he is a really good guy and he taught me a lot in the time we worked together. This also sucks because I have not spoken to Josh since this happened and I was waiting on some pictures from him to use in the opening sequence of the film. So now I'm stuck with 'Do I do the original opening without the items I needed from him or do I go a different route and do something completely different?' I really don't want to have to do something else as the opening to the new movie was my second choice of ways to open it ... and I really don't want to have to figure something else out. Ow. My brain hurts. I'll be back later ... maybe I'll have news that doesn't suck then ... like some of the movie has been edited. Later.


0 Responses to “It's always something ...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Richard
  • From Murfreesboro, Tn, United States
  • I'm just your average guy with dreams and asperations of making my own movies someday. Until the day comes that I can quit my job and be a full-time filmmaker .. I'm happy doing the occasional short film/side video project. But one day ... I'm gonna make that damn movie. And you're gonna love it.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3