A look inside the world of No Failsafe Productions ... our current films and projects and what's coming in the future.



And it was good ...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



The past few days have been ... pretty incredible. I don't know where to start, there has just been SO much good stuff going on. I guess it all started Thursday night. That night was already looking to be pretty amazing because I was going to get to see a special advanced showing of "Sin City". My anticipation for that film over the past few months has just been growing and growing. So much, in fact, that I was almost afraid going into it that the film wouldn't live up to my expectations. Boy was I wrong.

At around 7:30 that night, Dave stopped by with a video tape. It turned out to be the first 30 minutes of "Holidays Like These". It was a rough edit (we still don't have all the shit for the opening credits, but I'm working on it) and he still has some stuff to do, but WOW ... it was amazing. I was so pleased with what I saw, I just couldn't believe it. I have always had faith that this would turn out to be a good film, and I was really happy with what we got when we filmed it, but seeing it put together like that ... it is something else entirely. I have to say, without a doubt, that this is the best work I have done as a director and a writer. Kudos to Dave too for finding ways to make even the smallest little things funnier. I have kicked myself the past few days for screwing around and trying to find other ways to edit the film. Dave really is quite excellent at what he does. He's worth every damn penny.

So ... the film is very close to being completed. Hopefully within the next week or so we will be done with everything and ready to show it to the world (or a few dozen people, like I said before). I have seen "Sin City" three times in three days now. Haven't liked a movie that much to sit through it that many times that close together in quite a while. And tonight is Wrestlemania. Could life get any better?


0 Responses to “And it was good ...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Richard
  • From Murfreesboro, Tn, United States
  • I'm just your average guy with dreams and asperations of making my own movies someday. Until the day comes that I can quit my job and be a full-time filmmaker .. I'm happy doing the occasional short film/side video project. But one day ... I'm gonna make that damn movie. And you're gonna love it.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3