A look inside the world of No Failsafe Productions ... our current films and projects and what's coming in the future.



The ramblings of a mad man ...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I should be in bed right now ... I really should. But I can't sleep. Is that surprising? No. Not to me. Tomorrow is such a huge day for me ... I can hardly stand it. The premiere of 'Holidays Like These' is just over nine hours away. I wonder if the big guys get this nervous before a premiere? Guys like Spielberg or Peter Jackson? I would say Lucas, but he seems really to just not give a shit what people think of his films anymore. I truly think that when you get to that point - you should just quit. I know the root of filmmaking is supposed to be about 'doing it for yourself' and everything ... but watching your film with an audience that 'gets it' is beyone description.

The first time I saw any of my films with any kind of an audience was in Febuary of 2004 at Shana and Doug's house (they appeared in the first two films and are mentioned in the third) at the 'Premiere Party'. There was like thirty people there ane we all stood sandwitched in their game room watching it on a 27-inch television. I was so nervous I honestly though I was going to throw up. No shit. But when the movie started, the strangest thing happened - people laughed. And not that laugh you can tell is fake but honest to God laughter. And they kept laughing. It was some of the best 24 minutes of my life.

The one thing I remember more than anything was looking over at Dave in total shock. Dave just smiled back at me and shook his head and laughed. I could tell he was honestly happy for me. I was so grateful to him because without Dave, none of these films would have ever happened. All I was before that was just an idiot with a video camera. Dave was the one that said 'Make something, I'll edit it for you.' I'm sure he regrets those words now as I have, at times, driven the man crazy with questions about the progress of projects we were working on. So I want to take this opportunity to thank him, because he opened a creative door for me that I will be eternally in his debt for.

I have no idea how many people will actually show up tomorrow (or should I say today?) and I have no idea how they are going to respond to the film, but I will say this - I love this film with all my heart. I am proud of every single minute of it and people that don't like it can kiss my ass. The preview for 'The Wild Side' that is attached to the end of it makes me think that project will go above and beyond even this one if we do it right.

I have gone through so much shit trying to get this movie done, but now that it's done it's all the sweeter. Thanks again to everyone that helped get this finished. You know who you are.


0 Responses to “The ramblings of a mad man ...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Richard
  • From Murfreesboro, Tn, United States
  • I'm just your average guy with dreams and asperations of making my own movies someday. Until the day comes that I can quit my job and be a full-time filmmaker .. I'm happy doing the occasional short film/side video project. But one day ... I'm gonna make that damn movie. And you're gonna love it.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3