A look inside the world of No Failsafe Productions ... our current films and projects and what's coming in the future.



I'm not so sure about all of this ...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So ... we start filming in two weeks. Are we ready? Not even fucking close. I have never been more nervous about a project falling to pieces all around me as I am about this one at this very moment. I guess I could smile and lie through my teeth to everyone and say everything is 'a-okay' but I just don't think that's fair to anyone.

The first readthrough/rehersal on Tuesday went great. Everyone was there ... the readthrough was great. I was laughing my ass off. I was really amazed at how the script played out and sounded when read all the way through. Then we set another rehersal for Saturday afternoon and two people didn't come. One because they were confused about the date of rehersal and another had 'prior commitments' that he had forgotten about. This - of course - didn't sit to well with me but what the fuck was I supposed to do? Myself and the three people that were there had rehersal and it went pretty good.

The fact that I ever even remotly considered removing Dustin from this project makes me think I should have my head examined. He is - without a doubt - one of the best parts of this project. This part really gives him a chance to shine and so far he has really done so. He is really very funny in the part of Rodney and now I can't see anyone but him ever doing it. Goose is also amazingly funny as Nathan. I did write the part for him and he takes full advantage of it. Regina is really good, and different, as Andi. She plays the part a lot differently than Jennifer would have - but that's not a bad thing. She brings a lot more of an edge to the character ... and I like that.

Patrick and Angella are both really good but since they've never acted before they need a little more direction and work than anyone else. I'm sure they'll be fine by the time we start filming. They're both very intelligent and take direction well, so I have no doubt about their abilities.

On the other hand ... I have yet to meet with Teri, our director of photography, to talk about any of the film or go over any stuff prior to filming. I have not had a meeting with Dave, my producer, in almost two weeks ... and none of the stuff for the radio station has been built yet. So yeah ... that makes me kinda nervous.

I hate to say it but if I still feel unsure about a number of things just before we start filming ... then I will have no qualms about pulling the plug on all of this. I would absolutley hate to do it but I would rather shut this down than go forward with something that I am unsure about and end up with something I am less than happy with. I'm sure that would really piss some people off .... but I wouldn't be against doing it.

Hopefully, eveything will end up working out like it has a habit of doing in the past and all of my worrying is for nothing. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?


0 Responses to “I'm not so sure about all of this ...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Richard
  • From Murfreesboro, Tn, United States
  • I'm just your average guy with dreams and asperations of making my own movies someday. Until the day comes that I can quit my job and be a full-time filmmaker .. I'm happy doing the occasional short film/side video project. But one day ... I'm gonna make that damn movie. And you're gonna love it.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3